Monday, October 4, 2010

keep your head above water, but don't forget to breath



I returned from AZ ready to spend some time in the shop. First task was to finish up a batch of Covert comp harnesses for some good pilots and friends. Always cool for me to work on gear that, sooner than later, I will get to see in the air.


Here are a couple of shots of Katie O'Riordan launching and flying in her new Covert while at the British Nationals in Laragne, France.


One is going to Italy for my friend, Franco, 3 going down under to the Aussie boys, Dave, Nick and Flocky and 2 to pilots Jonathan Deitch and Davis Straub here in the States.


We spent some late nights and had some shipping challenges to work through but all are on their way and look SWEET!!



Can't wait to hear how they feel about flying in them. Jonathan and Franco both got 1 chute versions and I put an O2 sheath in Jonathan's for those high, Owens and King Mountain adventures.



Started sewing on the next batch of harnesses which will include a couple of unique color combos that should look super sharp. I will post when they are cut.



Meanwhile, as the title of this post points out, even though I love what I do for a living, sometimes it's good to go kick my own arse just to remind me how good I really have it. I love to trail run into the mountains and sometimes loose all sense of time spending hours day dreaming about flying, climbing or design while ticking off the miles and getting far above Missoula. I have been quietly training for a long one that happens to be coming up. Next weekend, on the 9th, I am going to run the LeGriz Ultrathon close to Glacier park. The course is pretty mellow in relation to other 50 milers in the mountains and will take us along the scenic shoreline of Hungry Horse Reservoir through bear and goat country. Should be a good stress release, should be a good chance to learn more about myself but one thing is certain....it should be an ass kicker.


31 mile mark. Photo taken by Le Griz staff in 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment