Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Coverts


Just finished a few harnesses that are on the way to pilots around the country. I have been working hard on the patterns, adjusting the chute zippers, changing the cut and improving the features. The purple and silver one is Greg Dinauer's and is a single chute version (note the two large "in flight accessible" pockets of the left side). The Red and white one is Miller Stroud's and is a two chute version. Neither has chute(s) mounted or drogues installed. When looking at the photos, keep in mind that the outer skin tension will improve dramatically with chutes and drogues in. I'm getting happier with the shape and feel strong about the functionality changes.





the screamer is not laying in the chute area in the above photo and creates the weird bump off the side of the back plate


I wanted to show the fit difference as well. Greg's is really close to what I would build myself and Miller's is 4" larger in circumference and 1.5" longer. I am trying to make a shape that will look good even if it's way too big as some pilots prefer a looser fit. I'm swimming in the red and white one and just a bit tight in the purple one. Both would be easy enough to fly in for me so I'm encouraged. After all, the benefit of a custom harness is to get what you want in fit and shape.



With 2 chutes installed, the shell wrinkles will pull clean

I'm having so much fun building harnesses and dealing with interesting people. Although at times it can be daunting, I'm committed.




Have fun out there

No comments:

Post a Comment