Monday, May 10, 2010

space = sanity



Upon return from the Florida comps, my first order of business was to finalize the transformation of the ground floor of my house into a work space adequate for building production harnesses. I have been unable to roll out bolts of fabric on my sewing table because of the spacing between the machines and lights. With fairly large (or more accurately long) patterns, this has always been a pain and time drain.




We have one more "guest room" attached to the sewing shop down stairs that until now had been filled with boxes and furniture from the rest of the space now occupied by sewing equipment, material and hardware. My first job was to empty it out and to build a table dedicated for tracing and cutting along with some storage to keep the various harness components off the ground.




Now that it's done, finally getting customer orders organized to figure out who the first run will be built for is pretty exciting. I am going to try to work out a few loose ends today after teaching a quick lesson at the training hill and should be ready to start by finishing Zippy's harness. Here we go;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment