Tuesday, November 24, 2009

hawks and pheasants



I had the pleasure of meeting Terry and his wife Chris Reynolds while we were in Texas at the Big Spring comp. Through some of the initial conversation, I learned that Terry and Chris both shared my facination and admiration for raptors and the practice of falconry. Because I have been devoting most of my time and energy in the development of the new comp harness, I've been living falconry vicariously through their adventures with their Red Tail, Bud.



It's funny. I've been the lucky observer of some of the most sizzeling stoops by Peregrins while training them to hunt pheasants and I always love to watch my birds "roll over" at the beginning of the stoop so that they can get vertical without taking their eyes off their prey.


Bud "on approach"

This is a great series of their Red Tail, Bud, making such a stoop on a "bagged" pheasant. Seeing a hawk make this type of approach gives me hope that one day, we might learn how to make a hang glider do it;-) You never know.








Pheasant for lunch;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment